Defense News, C4ISRNet, Military Times and Federal Times are a part of Sightline Media Group. Sightline’s brands are the leading and most trusted news media organizations covering military, defense, national security, aerospace, C4ISR and cyber security affairs. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage around the globe, from our headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Our brands offer customers digital, mobile web, mobile app, eNewsletter, native stories, whitepapers, eBooks, guides, events, videos, video series, print and more.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Sightline is looking for an Account Executive that can take on three efforts. First, develop new business from several ad categories including: Beer / Wine / Spirits, Non-Profits / CFC, Fitness Equipment, Food / Beverage / Power Bars, and Moving / Shipping that we need to develop business from. Second, lead in bound classifieds advertising requests. Three, support the larger organization with lead generation efforts.
- 3+ years of digital advertising sales and understanding of military, defense and cyber media space
- Experience selling both basic advertising and integrated cross platform sponsorships.
- Knowledge of digital, social, virtual event, in person event, eNewsletter, print and sponsorship advertising.
- Self-starter that can thrive in both corporate and start-up environments.
In this role you will personally handle and develop an account list. It is expected from the start that you are able to create and execute a territory sales plan to accomplish your assigned quarterly revenue goals; resolve account issues; and ensure Sightline’s sales policies and procedures are reliably implemented
- Develop and manage a pipeline of deals to hit your quarterly sales targets.
- Be creative in your packaging of ideas to meet needs of marketers.
- Attend all appropriate local marketing and advertising association events.
- Educate brands and agencies on our key value propositions, as well as our mission and vision.
- Identify and develop the next big opportunity with our team of specialists.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and an energizer of others around them
- Good listener and follow direction of our revenue operations team to support client management
- Ability to travel as needed, and have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Strong skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM / OMS tools like Boostr