Sightline Media Group, the nation’s leading news enterprise serving the military, defense and federal communities, seeks a Digital Project Manager for our Tyson’s Corner, VA facility. The ideal candidate will be highly interested in defense, military, foreign affairs, innovation, and technology.
Our prestigious, industry-leading media brands: Military Times, Defense News, Federal Times and C4ISRNET – serve the entirety of the defense and federal establishment, from senior leadership to the rank and file US military service members
As Associate Project Manager, you’ll wear many hats. Among them, you will: work on overseeing the relaunch of two of our digital properties - working on very tight deadlines while coordinating with developers, designers and platform providers.
Ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial type who likes to get their hands dirty. You are highly organized. You are resourceful and a problem-solver, even when you don’t fully understand the problem. You communicate effectively and efficiently with people across many organizations and experience levels.
This position will be based in Tysons, VA and will work closely with the teams in L.A., Oakland and New York. There may be some, occasional travel depending on project.
What you’ll do:
- 80% project management of website redesign, new website/product launches, and various digitally-oriented projects
- 20% execution of new content strategies through the aggregation of editorial and video
- Lead your own special projects, either assigned by the executive leadership or self-created
- Communicate updates on the department’s initiatives and progress across multiple departments
- Interface with executive leadership on ad-hoc basis to execute short-term, high-profile projects
What you’ll bring:
- 2-5- years experience, preferably in a startup or media environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and project management software - required
- Proficiency in WordPress a plus
- Ability to manage several projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Superior organizational skills, both mentally and in tangible outputs
- Ability to see the long-term picture but deliver short-term success
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head and a positive attitude
- Strong eye for detail