JOB TITLE: Account Executive - Ad Sales
DEPARTMENT: MilitaryTimes Advertising
REPORTS TO: Director of Advertising Sales
The Account Executive:
- Sells B2C advertising and sponsorships to national and global companies seeking to reach the U.S. military community, including active-duty, veterans, retired military and their families
- Serves as an expert in all media solutions, products and platforms, including digital, print, events and custom sponsorships.
- Manages and grows a list of accounts and wins new business in a specified territory . Builds and maintains a strong pipeline to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Understands the company’s mission, products and competitive position, serving as the Military Times group’s expert and ambassador to clients and agencies and effectively communicating how our products can deliver the desired results for the client’s marketing goals better than others in the market.
- Consults with customers, including traveling to meet with them in person, to understand their business goals, develops strategies and proposals based on those needs, and presents them in a compelling and clear way that results in sales and repeat business
- Is self-sufficient, proactive and collaborative to help meet company goals. Contributes to positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regularly contact potential clients to build a positive working relationship, assess customer needs, propose advertising and sponsorship solutions, and close sales. Determine and employ the most effective communication channels for each contact, including in person, by phone and via digital channels. Travel to meet and entertain customers, when appropriate, managing expenses to stay within an approved travel budget.
- Consistently use resources such as The List, Hoovers, chambers of commerce, and other outlets to research and identify new sources of business. Create and work a plan to grow business in the assigned territory and/or categories. Build and maintain a strong customer pipeline to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Gain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the market, our products, new solutions and platforms, and company mission and strategies. Gather intelligence on competitors in the market to inform sales strategy and value propositions. Collaborate with management and peers in the sharing of market knowledge and brainstorming ideas for growing revenue.
- Maintain all contacts, customer activity, and projections in SalesForce; follow up on all contracts, insertion orders, ad material, performance metrics and anything else required to fulfill or exceed customer expectations.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.