Sightline Media Group has an opening for a custom content writer/editor for our expanding custom team. In this role, you will edit, write, and develop custom content about the national security community, collaborating with the editorial and marketing teams at Sightline and coordinating with some of the largest defense contractors in the world. You’ll work with clients on projects and pitch multimedia packages that highlight the most compelling stories in the defense sector.
- Conceptualize and develop new custom content offerings on national security in support of Sightline Media brands Defense News, C4ISRNET, and Military Times.
- Interview subject matter experts and thought leaders during live/virtual events and panels, and curate commentary for digital articles.
- Invite military leaders, think tanks, and analysts to participate in in-person and virtual events, and assist in brainstorming event panels and themes.
- Support journalistic/research efforts around Military Times seasonal campaigns (e.g., Best for Vets, Service Member of the Year)
- Support the senior editor in writing white papers and/or editing custom output from a growing stable of freelancers.
- Craft pitch documents that best highlight and package our editorial team’s upcoming multimedia programs (including ebooks, special multimedia reports, digital stories and video reporting at events).
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a journalist and/or content editor.
- Sharp writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative.
- Laser-focused attention to detail and deadlines.
- The ability to translate technical subject matter into clear language.
- Digital journalism chops
- Experience writing/editing about technology and/or national security preferred.
- A positive, energetic attitude
- Creativity and a contemporary approach to storytelling.
- On-camera video experience is a plus.
- Experience working with clients is a plus.
Sightline Media, which owns Defense News, C4ISRNET, Military Times, Air Force Times, Marine Corps Times, Army Times, Navy Times and Federal Times has a team of more than 40 reporters and editors worldwide.