Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Financial Accountant ensures that the books and records of the Sightline Media Group and Sunset companies are accurate to help in making sound financial decisions. The role will also involve financial modeling and analysis of business scenarios including tracking performance metrics and finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges. Being able to understand and articulate business impact beyond numbers is essential to this role. The Senior Financial Accountant will be a valuable resource working with senior leadership to help make and implement strategic company decisions. Strong critical thinker who is passionate about process improvement and adding value Detail oriented with ability to see big picture. Effective at prioritizing, multi-tasking and working on multiple projects at a time. Excellent communication skills. Collaborative. Naturally curious. Adaptable to change.
- 5+ years of experience in banking/finance, compensation, sales ops or similar analytical role.
- 2+ years of media company experience
- Experience managing budgets (i.e. governance, reporting, stakeholder management, etc).
- Are highly analytical, detail oriented and have solid conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficient in PowerPoint
- Proven track record of managing large datasets with the ability to tackle complex issues using financial models and quantitative analysis
- Maintain the books and records of the media companies.
- Track and reconcile bank accounts, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Build robust financial models and reporting for forecasting, planning, and ad hoc analyses.
- Maintain ownership of cross company media sales forecasts and reporting
- Prepare financial updates and develop dashboards and KPI visualizations
- Establish, maintain, and monitor budgeting process including analysis of actuals to budget.
- Track, manage and calculate quarterly commissions for company and individual sellers.
- Build, maintain and distribute weekly sales reports.
- Lead the annual ad sales revenue planning process.
- Engage with teams at Sightline, Sunset & HistoryNet to analyze visitor and page view trends.
- Prepare quarterly business reviews to highlight performance of key business metrics
BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or equivalent practical experience.