Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
MARKETING & EVENTS MANAGER ROLE
The Marketing & Events Manager will help manage and execute marketing and communications projects as well as other projects that drive business goals. The role’s primary focus will be on assisting with execution of all events, including but not limited to conferences, panel discussions, receptions and award programs. Please note: all events are currently virtual so the ideal candidate would have experience executing virtual events. This growth opportunity is great for a confident, multi-tasking and entrepreneurial individual who works effectively with a team while being a productive individual contributor. The Marketing & Events Manager will also assist with other projects the marketing team is tasked with. The ideal candidate would have a blend of technical skills along with a passion for marketing and design. Sightline Media Group is 100% virtual right now, with the option to go into a WeWork office if needed.
- Project management: Ensure that all marketing campaigns and related deliverables are executed on time. Work with cross-functional team to achieve marketing and business goals. Create project management tickets and manage projects in system; Work with AdOps to implement house campaigns and schedule ads in the system; Keep marketing projects on track and on time.
- Event dev: Build landing pages, update websites, create Eventbrite ticketing page, manage sign-up lists, created automated emails, integrate event platforms, etc.
- Event marketing: Assist with creation and scheduling of promotional emails, promoting on social, and run other placements as necessary to boost event registration.
- Event Prep: Assist with script writing/run of show drafting, rehearsal calls, tech calls with video team, tech calls with speakers, etc.
- Event execution: Work with internal team members to ensure events are successfully executed, including but not limited to assisting with backend of event tools on day of event, setting up webcasts, and creating PowerPoints.
- Special and Custom Projects: Take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned, as marketing or overall project lead. Assist with custom project execution, working across departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline or demonstrated experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a digital, marketing environment, preferably for a media company
- 3-5 years’ experience working on events and event marketing
- Email marketing and marketing automation experience
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS
- Comfortable with Wordpress
- Technical ability to create promotional emails, create landing pages, send promotional emails via an email software, work with Event ticket platforms, work with webcast and/or live stream platforms
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels to foster a strong team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong project-management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing skills
- Excellent prioritization and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and high level of diplomacy
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- A good eye for design
- Additional development skills beyond HTML and CSS
- Experience with Event management and ticketing platforms such as Eventbrite
- Experience with Zapier
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management system
- Comfortable with Google Analytics