Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
The Editor of Custom Projects conceives, prepares and executes custom and native content for the Sightline Media brands, working with editors from both business-to-government brands (Defense News, C4ISRNET, Federal Times and Fifth Domain) and consumer brands (Military Times) to establish concepts/products that would drive interest from the core readership, while collaborating with the business department to gage potential for product sponsorship and identify required deliverables for sponsors. The role would produce and manage thought leadership content across the various mediums – web/mobile, video, newsletters, print and events – which would be made available on the websites as sponsored content in compliance with editorial standards. The Editor of Custom Projects actively works with key government and defense agencies and industry influencers to execute on projects supported by sponsors – writing articles, identifying and recruiting speakers for events, conducting interviews for thought leadership pieces, and moderating panel discussions on camera and at live events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field is preferred
- Experience in news media preferably in digital, print, and video form
- Experience/familiarity in defense and government IT markets
- Experience with events, webcasts and custom products
- On-camera experience a plus
- Basic and fundamental MS Office skills, ability to comprehend and work in content management systems, social media skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to protect confidential information
- Travel requirements: occasional (out of town) and moderate (in town)