Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
The Events Manager, in coordination with marketing and custom program leads, oversees the planning of large meetings and special events on behalf of Sightline Media Group. This person will coordinate all amenities, accommodations, and related departments including site selection, staff, food, transportation, and audio/ visual requirements. Events Manager will monitor and control event budgets and negotiate all necessary contracts. The position supports the marketing and sales teams in creating and fulfilling sponsor packages, and liaising with clients on event-related matters.
The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented, financially responsible, and self-motivated event professional with 2-5 years of event planning experience. The right candidate should possess excellent communication and management skills, the ability to manage multiple internal and external requests, work well in a team environment, and solve an array of time-sensitive and unique challenges. Previous experience working in events in the defense or media publishing industry is preferred.
- Creative, logistical, and budgetary responsibilities for events
- Develop vendor and location relationships
- Organization and project management of multiple events
- Daily prioritization of numerous requests and projects
- Invoice processing and vendor payment
- Domestic travel is required
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in a dynamic, changing, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to build project timelines and drive key dates
- Highly organized, thorough, and detail oriented
- Strong financial acumen for budgeting, cost tracking, and reporting
- Resourceful in finding creative solutions
- Ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor's degree is required.