Manager, Controlled Circulation
Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Controlled Circulation to partner with outside vendors and assist the Executive Director, Audience Development.
The Manager of Controlled Circulation will help with and be responsible for the following:
- Subscriber Acquisition – working with and managing vendors/sources, data manipulation, and demographic coding, while identifying key demographics within each business unit
- Requalification – work with external circulation company and manage relationship, coordinate requalification efforts to assure circulation goals are met for business to government titles
- Manage audit compliance for all publications working with external circulation company
- Statement of Ownership – assist with gathering data required for statements, and annual USPS requirement and interpret BPA/AAM statements
- Market Connections/subscriber metrics – utilize Market Connections database tool
- Assist the Executive Director in day-to-day circulation operations including but not limited to subscription queries, controlled and complimentary copies, print orders, distribution, and other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years of controlled circulation experience with a publisher or media company and has experience in using leadership directories/leadership connect
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications or related degree preferred
- Market Connections database tool experience ideal
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills