You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other “private labels.” As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we make private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Sanitation Team Member -Sunday, 9:00 pm – 7:00 am, Monday to Thursday, 11:00 pm –7:00 am
$17.52 first 1040 hours
$19.52 after 1041 hours
Your seat at the table
Keep areas in production and non-production departments in clean and orderly condition according to Food Safety and Food Quality and Suppliers standards
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize equipment and work areas within a specified time frame
- Required to perform Sanitation duties in the “common” areas of the facility as directed, wet mop floors in all administration offices, cafeteria, bathrooms, front hallway and stairway.
- Required to perform routine facility support tasks as directed, including the re-stocking of supplies, toiletries, paper towel, emptying of garbage, recycling of cardboard.
- Required to assist Packaging processes periodically during shift as needed or directed
- Ensure the work orders have a start time and end time on each
- Thoroughly inspect after cleaning is completed
- Visually cleaning standards: inspect, no debris, dust, and dirt.
- Complete sanitation work orders and paperwork as directed
- Work at various heights and levels to reach all work areas
- Position includes scrubbing and working in tight area for extended periods of time
- Working in close proximity to food grade chemicals, high pressure hoses, among other sanitation instruments
- Individual must be proficient in the operation of machinery, including disassembly and reassembly of certain equipment.
- Required to operate the scissor lift and foaming and floor scrubbing equipment on a routine basis.
- Required to perform both interior and exterior tasks as directed.
- Follow all safety procedures while working (example – PPE requirements for chemical use, Lock out tag out)
- Supervisor should inspect each work order completed with the sanitarian, to verify the equipment has been cleaned properly
- Follow all work instructions, example using chemicals as per SSOP’s
- Completing all other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
- Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning production quality and safety
- Must be proficient in identifying potential issues related to micro-organism, allergen, and other potential contamination sources.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s product “Quality” expectations
- Responsible for knowing sanitation lockout procedures
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
- Capable of frequent reaching, bending, stretching, kneeling and crouching
- Work well within a team environment
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs)
- Individual must have detailed knowledge of MSDS as well as the safe handling and use of chemicals
- Must be comfortable working at various heights (scissor lift, JLG lift, ladders)
- Must be comfortable working with a range of tools and equipment
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Our Full Time Associates are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan and we all work with a great group of people every day!
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.