The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring a Senior iOS Engineer to join our Mobile squad. We’re looking for an experienced iOS developer who specializes in Swift and Objective-C and is excited to partner with other engineers, product managers and designers who are dedicated to improve live-shift workflow efficiency for restaurants & surface actionable insights to our users. Our goal is to work closely with venue operators to understand their needs and build/maintain our mobile products. You will report directly to our Director of Engineering.
The 7R Technology organization is committed to building products that help restaurants create magical experiences every day. We are a small, but rapidly growing team of engineers, scientists and builders who are on a mission to fundamentally transform the hospitality industry. Our engineers are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and shipping often: Ownership, Customer Obsession, Collaborate & Be Transparent, Measure & Monitor, Be Creative and finally Be Yourself.
Our tech stack includes: Objective-C, Swift, SwiftUI, Python, Reactjs, Redux, Typescript, Google Cloud, Kotlin, and more
What You’ll Do
- Work with fullstack, backend, product and customer success teams to design and develop new features in the mobile app
- Create new UI components and platform-specific experiences that make the SevenRooms app feel familiar for users across platforms
- Architect services within the mobile app (and across our other systems) to sync and mutate data
- Debug features, crashes, bug reports, and memory management concerns
- Identifying potential performance problems and resolving application bottlenecks
- Responsible to help maintain code quality, organization, unit testing and automation
- Review code with teammates to ensure we’re all headed in the right direction
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Write documentation for new systems and processes related to development
- Ship the app to iTunes Connect, TestFlight and the App Store using automated deployment tools
- Communicate with team on how best to implement new features and shape the future of our product
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience shipping iOS applications utilizing Objective-C and Swift, and have a deep understanding of at least one of them
- Experience designing and publishing apps on the App Store that communicate heavily with a REST API
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data
- You care about Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines
- Proficiency with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Experience with Python, building APIs and GCP or other cloud platforms a plus, but not required
- You thrive in an agile, multi-functional, and collaborative team environment
- You care deeply about a phenomenal end user experience
- You love supporting other developers and directly collaborating with other software engineering teams
- You demonstrate excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $170,000-$185,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. Trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the world, SevenRooms powers tens of millions of guest experiences each month across both on- and off-premises. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms is transforming the industry by empowering operators to take back control of their businesses to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and drive more visits and orders, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, email marketing and marketing automation.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, and entertainment clients in more than 1000 cities worldwide, including: Marriott International, Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, José Andrés Group, LDV Hospitality, Union Square Hospitality Group, Australian Venue Company, Altamarea Group, AELTC, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2023, 2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2023, 2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M