The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring a Senior Software Engineer. We’re looking for a Fullstack developer who is excited to engineer highly performant, mission-critical systems that are designed for agile development and rapid scaling. As a member of the team, you will partner with other engineers, product managers and designers to work at scale and engineer real solutions that ship directly to our customers. You will have the opportunity to solve complex technical problems, such as fine tuning beautiful UX & designing and developing API services for our product suite. You will report directly to our VP of Engineering.
The 7R Technology organization is committed to building products that help restaurants create magical experiences every day. We are a small, but rapidly growing team of engineers, scientists and builders who are on a mission to fundamentally transform the hospitality industry. Our engineers are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and shipping often: Ownership, Customer Obsession, Collaborate & Be Transparent, Measure & Monitor, Be Creative and finally Be Yourself.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, ReactJS, Redux, Django, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, Memcache, Cloud Tasks, Firebase, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, and more
What You’ll Do
- Engineering: Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Product Focus: Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Project Management: Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality and deliverables; Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up and running
Who You Are
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent professional experience
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Python and Reactjs is highly preferred
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $170,000-$185,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. Trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the world, SevenRooms powers tens of millions of guest experiences each month across both on- and off-premises. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms is transforming the industry by empowering operators to take back control of their businesses to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and drive more visits and orders, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, email marketing and marketing automation.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, and entertainment clients in more than 1000 cities worldwide, including: Marriott International, Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, José Andrés Group, LDV Hospitality, Union Square Hospitality Group, Australian Venue Company, Altamarea Group, AELTC, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2023, 2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2023, 2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M