Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
We are currently seeking a talented, self-motivated technician to add to our team. The ideal candidate demonstrates hands-on experience in the assembly of electro-optical and electronic devices. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of world-class engineers, scientists, and technicians.
The Precision Cleanroom Assembly Technician will produce our revolutionary electro-optic patterning devices for use in the fastest 3D metal printer in the world. Responsibilities include but are not limited to precision optomechanical assembly, Class 100 cleanroom protocols including microelectronics cleaning, handling & cleaning of optics, microscope-based inspection, precision dispense and cure of engineering epoxies, fluid micro-dispensing & fill, and high-value short shelf-life inventory management.
The candidate must be capable of:
- following complex work instructions precisely
- manipulating delicate parts with great dexterity
- minimizing contamination of devices during assembly
- working in full cleanroom attire in Class 100 & amp; 1000 environments
- using and maintaining various tools to inspect parts and quantify device performance
- recording data and presenting information using standard office software tools (MS Office, email, networked files)
- keeping detailed and accurate notes
- interpreting engineering drawings
- communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing
- contributing to continuous improvement efforts
- collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- adhering to safety and other general work policies
- handling chemicals and other sensitive materials per supplier recommendations
- adapting to change in a fast-paced environment
- maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work area
- managing inventory of cleanroom supplies, as needed.
- Associates Degree in Optical, Lasers, or related technology
- 5 + Years of practical hands-on experience in related field
- Liquid crystal device assembly and test
- Optical component assembly with engineering epoxy: automated dispenser use & optimization, UV & thermal curing while maintaining dimensional tolerances
- Ultra-pure cleaning processes: ultrasonic cleaning, detergents, solvents, Type 1 DI water, minimal contamination drying (eg: Spin-Rinse Dry Machine)
- Spin deposition & curing of polymers
- Microscope inspections esp. automated scanning & characterization
- Working with optical & semiconductor films & coatings
- Precision fluid dispensing: EG microfluidics, capillary fill, vacuum fill
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.