Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
We are currently seeking a talented and self-motivated Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software for machine controls and novel electro-mechanical systems from concept to production.
- Design and implement HMI (GUI) code in C#.
- Design and implement code for realtime complex control systems in C++.
- Design and implement code for motion control and PLC systems in their native languages.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Demonstrated experience with C#.NET and C++, WPF and/or Winforms.
- Experience designing / developing GUI / HMI systems for complex control systems.
- Experience with software configuration management and source control systems (i.e. Mercurial/GIT).
- Must be able to independently and effectively debug complex software in C#, C++ (and preferably PLC) environments.
- Must understand common industrial automation paradigms (communication buses, actuators / sensors, motion, fail-safe behavior, realtime, etc.).
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- For any area lacking in experience, must be eager to learn new technologies / skills.
- All-round Software Engineer with demonstrated experience in many aspects of modern industrial automation (from PLC/IEC 61131, EtherCAT (or similar communication buses) to C++ (including realtime), C# and potentially other script-type languages such as Python, etc.).
- Experience with SQL-type database systems and formulating queries (MS-SQL).
- Experience with RTOS systems like IntervalZero RTX or similar.
- Background in, or solid understanding of Mechatronics and interfacing concepts.
- Experience with additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing.
- B.S. degree in Software, Mechanical, Electrical, or related.
- 3+ years experience in related fields
- M.S. degree preferred
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.