Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
Seurat is looking for a talented and self-motivated Electrical and Controls Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting, developing, and maintaining machine controls and novel electro-mechanical systems from concept to production.
- Analyze, design, implement and troubleshoot electrical designs for complex systems including high-speed electro-mechanical, electro-optics, vision, and pulsed laser systems.
- Implement the electrical/electronic aspects of multidisciplinary system architecture and design.
- Develop designs and schematics for complex systems.
- Identify external vendors and specify components & subsystems with customization as needed.
- Design and troubleshoot all aspects of controls equipment (power, signal, communications).
- Design and specify motion (servo/stepper) and sensing control equipment.
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Robotics Engineering, or related.
- M.S. degree preferred.
- 5+ Years of experience in related fields.
- Expert in AutoCAD Electrical or similar CAD systems.
- Experience with frequently used control components, such as I/O modules, (safety) relays, power supplies, breakers, other DIN rail components, etc.
- Proven understanding of electrical/controls redundant, fail-safe design practices.
- Solid understanding of CE certification requirements.
- Intimately familiar with NFPA79, UL508A, and similar electrical standards.
- Travel requirements up to 15%.
- Strong background in Mechatronics.
- Proven experience with servo motors and feedback control systems.
- Ability to tune and commission servo systems.
- Familiarity with Beckhoff (Safety) PLC & EtherCAT I/O, Yaskawa or similar servo systems.
- Experience / familiarity with PC-based / rack-mount control systems.
- Familiarity with IEC 61131-3 languages, including safety.
- Ability to read & understand C++ code (for debugging / testing purposes)
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.