Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
We are currently seeking a talented and team-oriented Principal Mechanical Engineer to add to our team. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and fielding high tech capital equipment, which is cost effective, manufacturable, reliable, and serviceable.
We work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that is highly collaborative. Expect to wear many hats in this role as you will be involved in all aspects of development, from ideation, hands-on prototyping, qualification, and support. This is a great opportunity to be part of a world class design team, creating the fastest 3D metal printer in the world!
- All aspects of machine design: writing specifications, scoping, estimating cost and duration of projects, concept generation, analysis, detail design, building, testing, and releasing.
- Produce excellent documentation including design reviews, detail & assembly drawings, Design Verification Reports (DVT’s), and ECOs.
- Translate the requirements from scientists and engineers from diverse disciplines into clear and concise requirement documents.
- Find, evaluate, and engage with vendors.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to define problems and get buy-in for solutions.
- Check designs and documentation for completeness, accuracy, and manufacturability.
- Use SolidWorks Simulation tools to analyze designs – stress, heat transfer, motion, CFD, vibration, etc.
- Lead less experienced engineers and designers.
- 6+ years machine design experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven technical and organizational leadership
- Experience developing complex mechanical systems and mechanisms
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic actuators, electro-mechanical actuators, bearings, pulleys, linear guides, ball screws, motors, encoders, sensors, etc.
- Experience with a wide variety of fabrication processes, such as sheet metal design, weldment frame design, milling/turning, etc.
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Experience designing in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks strongly preferred)
- Ability to create dimensioned engineering part and assembly drawings and perform tolerance analysis
- Design experience with static and dynamic systems and mechanisms
- 3D metal printers
- Optics or Opto-mechanical experience
- Design for high precision mechanisms to micron level performance specifications
- Heat transfer & fluid flow
- Plumbing, cabling
- Design for high purity
- Design for high temperature
- Metal powders
- CE Mark
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.