The role of Head of Data is a newly established position offering a unique opportunity to lead data science, data engineering, and business intelligence at a fast-paced, international travel website. In this role you will have considerable autonomy to design and deliver an analytics strategy which encompasses the full range of data-related functions. Working closely with leadership across the business you will deliver analytics and data products which drive key strategic decisions and power the day-to-day operation of our platform.
Who are we?
Secret Escapes is the UK’s top private sale website for travel, negotiating amazing discounts on 4 and 5 star hotels and holidays. Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall giving hotels and holiday companies the confidence to offer unrivaled discounts without fear of devaluing their brands.
Things you'll be working on
- Develop and deliver a coherent data strategy across data engineering, data science and business intelligence
- Work with senior management to identify and articulate key opportunities for analytics-driven improvements across the business
- Guide the delivery of complex, multi-team data projects
- Lead our teams of highly-skilled specialists across data functions
- Ensure that our data platform and models follow best practices to allow rapid evolution in a scaling business
The ideal candidate has...
- Experience in data engineering and analytics roles
- Experience building data teams, preferably in a scale-up environment.
- Hands on experience with MPP databases, preferably in a cloud-computing environment
- Extensive experience translating business requirements into deliverable analytics and/or data engineering requirements
- Experience leading medium-sized teams of analysts and developers
- Some exposure to modern data science techniques in a commercial setting
Nice to have..
- Experience in the travel industry
- Hands-on experience developing sophisticated statistical models
- Experience with data platform orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi
- Python development experience
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.