We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
To be able to make a difference in the team and enjoy a progressive working environment.
Things you’ll be working on
- Answer supplier queries related to our payment process, due dates & commission to ensure the process is straightforward and runs smoothly
- Reconcile payment requests/ supplier statements to our system to ensure that we make the necessary adjustments and pay the correct outstanding amounts.
- Updating the supplier database.
- Ensure that payments are processed promptly and accurately, and payment confirmations are provided.
- Keep our internal trackers accurate and updated
- Review and post necessary accounting adjustments to quantify any additional costs
- Other ad hoc reports and tasks e.g. supplier-specific statistics
- New payment methods e.g virtual credit cards
- Reconciling bank statements
How the magic happens
We’re part of the finance team of over 30 people. Our team is focused on ensuring the Secret Escapes accounts payable process runs as smoothly as possible. We work with hotels all over the world and are making payments every day. As our business continues to grow we are always looking for people to contribute ideas towards improvements and assisting towards achieving our targets.
The deal breakers
- Great Excel skills (very good working knowledge of VLookup and PivotTables is required)
- Fluent in English (any additional languages would be beneficial)
- Solid understanding of accounts payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records (NetSuite experience beneficial)
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Experience in a similar position and in a dynamic multi-national environment is beneficial
And you are…
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous, organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
Things you should know
We’re a friendly and diverse team. Be prepared for random trivia moments and a much more modern approach to finance.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.