We are looking for a Customer Service Executive to join the SE Customer Service team on a 1 year fixed term contract. We are committed to excellent customer service and are focused on reducing the number of repeat customer interactions, increase the quality and resolution. We make sure that we take care of every trip.
Overall Job Purpose
- To co-ordinate with internal departments (Sales, Operations Team /reservations team, Contract Managers etc) and supplier’s/trade partners to ensure that any operational support and advice is provided, as well as company’s excellent customer experience is maintained, whilst the businesses commercial and budgetary requirements are achieved
- Being committed to excellent customer service to reduce the number of repeat customer interactions, increase the quality and resolution
- Being involved in increasing customer satisfaction by delivering a value add customer experience which promotes and builds upon our brand
- To work with the Customer service team and feedback to them with any relevant information and examples that may help improve efficiency and maximise the growth and value added by the department;
- Consistently meet or exceed all individual service targets and KPI’s;
- To assist with operational changes made to a customer's booking ie Overbookings, Flight Cancellations/Strikes; Being able to inform the customer and make amendments and follow ups to a booking where necessary.
- To take personal responsibility for the integrity of any aspect of the specific change or action taken with any booking.
- Logging, investigating and replying to customer complaints; To be able to communicate the outcome; logging any costs attributed to them as a result in compensation claims.
- To understand the role within the crisis management team and carry out role as discussed with line manager or crisis team representative
- To have working knowledge of in house systems
- General admin tasks that fall within the remit of the customer service department
- Any additional task that is adopted by the department that may or may not be related to everyday work load, but is deemed within customer and operational remit
- To work very close with the reservations department and to be able to answer reservation related questions on calls/help assist with processing bookings during peak season
- To being able to make effective decisions independently, and take responsibility for any issues reported and follow them up until you have reached a desirable resolution
- Maximise personal skills, knowledge and experience to positively impact on performance and assist in achieving the business goals
- Identify suitable alternative for customers with regards to any changes to their original booking
- To collate and co-ordinate any changes that affect a customer pre-departure, and ensuring the best solution or alternative is sourced and to ensure that such resolutions are communicated effectively to the reservations/customer services team, suppliers or other affected parties
- To have a firm understanding on rules and regulations of a Tour Operator regarding flight cancellations/strikes and to be able to assist and direct the customer to the appropriate resolution.
- Experience of a tour operator
- Experience in a similar role within the travel industry
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Language required, Swedish or German
- Great attention to detail and a desire to get the job done right
- The ability and confidence to take and implement decisions on a day-to-day basis in a rapidly moving business environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with superior organisational skills
- Task orientated a great administration
- Solution focused
- Adaptable to change
- Well organised and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- To be commercially aware with a good sense of business acumen
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Believes and exhibits PRIDE (personal responsibility in delivering excellence)
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.