Secret Escapes finance department is growing rapidly, the team consists of about 50 people, spread over London, Berlin, Warsaw and Prague dealing with finance, payments, legal, tax and fraud. We cover most of the things with a financial or legal angle, including collecting money from customers and making sure staff, hotels, tour operators and suppliers get paid the right amount at the right time. We provide useful information to the business to enable us to make smart decisions and facilitate our expansion into new territories or products. Last but not least, it is our job to keep tax authorities, regulators, auditors, banks and those who give us credit happy.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
As we continue to grow, we are pushing ourselves to produce ever more timely and accurate financial results to the Secret Escapes Group and external stakeholders.
We have recently transitioned to a new accounting system (NetSuite) and an integral part of providing real-time reporting is ensuring that all transactions are posted and reconciled accurately in the system.
We also need to provide insightful financial analysis to answer questions from across the company in addition to providing a deeper understanding of our financial results and how other members of the Group can impact them.
Things you’ll be working on
- Supporting the OPEX processing function to allocate costs accurately across departments and territories using our Concur system.
- Keeping our supplier and employee details up to date including the onboarding of both new suppliers and employees to our systems.
- Being the contact for company wide payment queries.
- Completing the weekly OPEX payment runs using NetSuite and Concur.
- Responsibility for maintaining and reconciling our fixed asset register.
- Contributing to our monthly management accounts process to help the team produce accurate and timely reports.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Supporting and assisting the team with year-end audit preparation.
- Provide support for the weekly and monthly bank reconciliation process – ensuring correct categorisation and allocation of payments
The deal breakers
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, for example being confident with VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables in order to analyse data exported from different systems.
- Accounts payable experience.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and processes.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels.
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques.
- Able to prioritise and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU.
Beneficial but not essential
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Experience with Concur.
- Relevant accounting experience / part qualified accountant.
And you are…
- Keen to have real ownership.
- Enthusiastic and driven.
Things you should know
We are a friendly and diverse team. Be prepared for some terrible puns, fun nights out, random trivia moments and a much more modern approach to finance.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.