Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021 is venture backed and based in New York City. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed’s business is built off of a long-term relationship with customers that lasts up to 20 years. As the Director of Customer Success, you are responsible for Sealed reaching new benchmarks of customer satisfaction and delight. You will build a top notch customer support operation and strategize proactive approaches to customer success.
You will design and build programs that add value for customers over time, ensuring that Sealed is a long-term home wellness partner. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to define and execute the communications needed to engage customers and create a continual feedback loop based on their needs.
What success looks like
With a high (and increasing) NPS score, Sealed customers are happy, well informed, and actively referring friends, family, and neighbors. Sealed experiences negative churn, with existing customers working with Sealed to continually improve their home, reducing (and eventually eliminating) their carbon footprint. The rest of the company knows all of the levers of customer success through the customer journey, and are actively working with you to improve the customer experience and ensure value proposition alignment at every step.
- 7+ years of total work experience, with 2+ years at a high growth company
- 4+ years of experience in a customer support or customer success role
- Experience managing a customer support operation with a complex, high volume product
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to meet customer success metrics
- Demonstrated impact on key customer support and customer success metrics in a Series A-C stage business
- Familiarity and proficiency with standard customer support systems (Zendesk, Salesforce, Intercom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Nice to have
- Experience building a customer support function from the ground up
- Intermediate or above excel skills
- Knowledge of home improvement or weatherization
- Familiarity with basic energy and financial terms/concepts
- You are hardworking, resourceful, and gritty: when you have a goal, you find a way to meet it
- You are compassionate and empathetic: you know how others are feeling and have an instinct for how to communicate to a wide range of personality types
- You are comfortable asking hard questions to get to the root of a problem and creatively solve it
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to simplify complex quantitative concepts
- You love helping people with their problems and are not satisfied until all of your customers are satisfied
- You can’t stand waste. Whether it’s energy waste or wasted time, transforming waste to value is in your DNA
- Competitive salary, unlimited PTO, stock options, health benefits