*This position can be remote within the Australia*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing team. You will have outgrown your current role, focused on growing your career and excited about joining a leader in the AIOps and Observability industry.
You will join a high performing team, developing new business, responsible for outbound prospecting, maximizing our inbound market generated opportunities and work closely with our field sales teams. Candidates must have strong business development and communication skills combined with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure. At a personal level we ask you to be curious to learn so that we can help you grow personally and professionally.
Who we are…
The local team has an excellent inclusive culture, is well balanced with tenure, experienced and enthusiastic. Globally, our business development and sales organization are made of up high energy and self-motivated Sales Engineers, Account Executives and Business Development Representatives who are embedded in the industries we serve. We are a dynamic group of results-driven individuals committed to a common goal of delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring and having fun while doing it.
What you’ll be doing…
- Directly understand, contribute to and influence our GTM campaigns, working closely with the Marketing and Field Sales Teams
- Develop sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calls & relationship development
- Understand and effectively communicate ScienceLogic value propositions
- Anticipate and respond to potential clients, applying objection handling skills
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospects and partners in IT and business roles
- Apply lateral thinking to prospecting using all tools and methodologies available to differentiate yourself and ScienceLogic
- Qualify all existing leads in Salesforce.com and all ScienceLogic lead databases and resources set forth by the Inside Sales Management, that may be generated from sales, tradeshows, marketing, referrals, partners, website, consultants, and call campaigns
Qualities you possess…
- Curious to learn, adapt and succeed
- Thrive working in a collaborative team environment, yet comfortable in meeting and exceeding goals as an individual contributor
- Six months to one year of experience within an inside sales organization.
- Effective time management, unique ability to reach decision-makers and qualify sales opportunities
- Ability to quickly understand differences in companies, industries and personas of people you are calling in to
- Understanding of best practice tools with experience in CRM, preferable Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Outreach, Cognism, and other sales playbooks
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.