*100% remote position (UK/EU) or you can work in our Woking, England office*
What we're looking for...
Tired of the same old Go microservices on Kubernetes pitch? We ship an on-premise Go monolith wrapped neatly in a Linux box every week and our customers love it!
We are looking for a driven and analytical Lead Golang Software Engineer, experienced in building applications in Go. Our main product is used by hundreds of customers worldwide to backup (and restore) thousands of network devices.
100% remote position (UK/EU) or you can work in our Woking, England office.
About the Role...
- Design, architect, and configure new and/or existing features/systems as required
- Planning future work/releases and actively develop core software
- Manage and delegate developer workload and execute code reviews
- Triage customer RFEs and maintain the development environment
- Run testing/debugging/benchmarking
- Manage CI/CD pipelines
- Function as the team lead by managing hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new development team members
- Set required software quality standards and ensure adherence by the team
- Deliver project status updates to leadership
- Experience leading small to medium sized teams
- 4+ years of Go experience, including using concurrency, thorough unit testing, applying SOLID principles
- 3+ years experience with REST APIs
- 3+ years of RDBMS design and implementation experience
- 2+ years DevOps (CI/CD) experience
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems and CLI
- Bonus: perl/python/Lua/C/C++ experience
- Bonus: front-end experience (TypeScript, React, Playwright)
- You’re familiar with networking concepts (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, switching, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are a quality-focussed professional, applying best software design principles
- You are driven and demonstrate initiative
- You are a team player able to work in a dynamic environment
Restorepoint, a ScienceLogic company, helps enterprise businesses and managed service providers to improve network availability, security and compliance. Using Restorepoint, network and security teams are able to centrally manage complex tasks across multi-vendor networks, helping them avoid costly outages, meet SLAs, automate network change, and reduce the ever growing burden of compliance and security audits.