What we're looking for...
ScienceLogic is seeking a Senior Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) who comes with commensurate battle scars and success stories to drive our Agile development process across a diverse set of teams and projects. Our ideal candidate will have significant experience leading Agile software development for SaaS or Web-based projects in a high growth company. You’ll apply your learnings of Agile best practices, joining a software engineering organization that’s over 2 years into the transition to Agile and a team of five dedicated ScrumMasters. We realize we don’t have all the answers (we don’t expect you will either) but you’ll be joining a passionate, high-growth team and company that’s committed to Agile and well underway to experiencing the benefits it brings.
What you'll be doing...
- Servant leader to 2-3 Scrum teams.
- Working with Technical teams on delivering solutions to production.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for specific technical tracks including: sprint iteration planning, backlog refinement, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and release planning.
- Identify differences in understanding and issues as they arise and elevate them to the team for resolution, or to management if needed
- Bring disclosure and transparency to the business on development and grow business trust
- Collect, develop and analyze data and metrics.
- Participate actively in the development and refinement of internal tools and processes, especially those related to continuous delivery and automated testing
- Be able to assist a team in achieving self-organization and high performance
- Drive the team in its pursuit of continuous improvement and experimentation
- Work with the teams to continually plan for PIs and execute on committed goals during PIs
- Experience in the Scrum Master role for at least five years for a software development or software QA organization that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory. Two years in a SAFe environment; Seven or more years of related experience is desirable.
- Background in software engineering to garner respect from his/her teams and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, test driven development, etc.)
- Understand other engineering and/or business processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years in the technology industry
- Self-starter with ability to accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion, to work as individual contributor, mentor junior level staff, and to contribute as part of a larger team.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Concise communicator
- Advanced level Scrum Master certification with 5+ years of experience on software products, or cloud “as a service” products.
- Technical depth and ability to coordinate with product managers and software/QA engineers
- A-CSM, CSP-SM, ICAgile Professional, PMI-ACP Agile certifications, not all required.
Nice to have’s:
- Familiarity with automated test tools and techniques
- Atlassian Products. Especially Jira and Confluence
- Coaching, mentoring, teaching experience in or out of the workplace
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.