What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Senior Database Architect who is well versed in all things database, experience with cloud technologies, has an automation mindset and is an ardent follower of the SRE discipline. If this sounds like you, then our team will be benefited by your skillset!
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is going through a product transformation and the Site Reliability team is at the forefront of it. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the Cloud Infrastructure used for running the company’s revenue generating go-forward SaaS product line.
ScienceLogic’s current SaaS product is a single tenancy, highly available and secure platform used by many customers for achieving their AIOps objectives. Site Reliability Engineering leads the SaaS portfolio from the front by onboarding new customers on their own dedicated instance of the product, performing capacity planning, platform maintenance, upgrades, security and triaging incident response for the SaaS platform.
Overall, we’re passionate about automation and solving complex business and technology challenges. Our team combines SRE, DevOps, Software Development and Information Security knowledge to help make Cloud operations agile, elastic inside the security and governance framework boundaries.
What you’ll be doing…
- Be a key contributor on an Agile development team, collaboratively realizing business value through iterative software development
- Design, automate, test, and monitor the use of cloud native database technologies as a foundation for a service platform
- Investigate and resolve customer and operational issues with the mentality of fixing and not just mitigating issues
- Provide feedback to development team on improved database structure and queries related to performance, scale, and resiliency
- Automate the deployment, configuration, and management of our cloud databases
- Employ advanced monitoring practices and technologies to detect and automatically resolve database issues before they impact the customer’s experience.
- Participate in Architecture Review Board and provide feedback on database structures and operations
- Identify and automate measurement of database SLAs and SLOs
- Triage incident response, document SOPs, Runbooks and train NOC team members
- Writing automation that can be easily supported and extended by others
- Take full responsibility for the availability and performance of databases
Qualities you possess…
Here at Site Reliability, we believe that if you are hungry for learning, passionate for technology and like building tools then you are a good fit. Having experience with below skills is an added plus:
- 5+ years of database administration or equivalent experience
- Skilled at problem solving, database design, and data structures
- Experience in dealing with Datastore technologies like Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB, AWS-AuroraDB
- Utilizing automation to support database infrastructure
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Configuration automation using Ansible or equivalent tools
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.