What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an Engineer in Test to join our team of elite coding ninjas! You will be part of a team working towards the goal of providing high quality products. If you have experience with creating, maintaining, and executing test automation scripts, and have worked with Python and GIT, we want to hear from you!
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- As part of the Software Engineering team at ScienceLogic, you have a unique opportunity to join a team of elite coding ninjas tasked with ensuring our state-of-the-art network monitoring software is able to withstand the ever-changing needs of our customers.
- Contribute, as part of a team, towards the goal of providing high quality products.
- Participate in review of project requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
- Translate end-user functional requirements into fully documented test cases focused on use case testing.
- Interact within the test team and within Agile Scrum teams to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Create and execute test cases and scripts manually and using automated test tools.
- Evaluate results of test execution including troubleshooting automation related issues and record, retest, and close defects when expected results not achieved.
- Work with software engineers to analyze test results and debug problems.
Qualities you possess…
- AA degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field or 2 years of additional experience as a Test/Quality Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Python and GIT
- Experience with creating, maintaining and execution test automation scripts written in Python with an optional BDD layer like Cucumber/Gherkin.
- Security testing experience is highly preferred
- Working knowledge and usage of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS environments.
- An inherent aptitude to identify high-risk software changes, associate them with end-user use cases and create meaningful and impactful tests.
- Natural team-player who can work seamlessly with engineers across the organization to identify testing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems and ask the right questions based on the facts provided.
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs.
- An attention to detail.
- Passion and curiosity
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.