What we're looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Project Manager to serve as the primary interface between our customers, prospects, and our ScienceLogic subject matter experts throughout the lifecycle of a ScienceLogic Pre and Post Sales Professional Services engagement. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment and work with customers and colleagues from many different disciplines.
The Project Manager role will work directly with our forward-thinking prospects and customers to deliver exceptional IT management solutions to meet successfully and exceed their business drivers. A successful Project Manager will establish long-standing relationships with both leadership and technical experts at these organizations to develop deep partnerships and ensure the alignment of critical milestones throughout a project's timeline. Do you have high energy, an innovative spirit, and a strong project management background focusing on delivering strategic and tactical initiatives? Then read on. We are looking for people who are willing to work flexible work hours with late night calls a few times a week.
Who we are…
The Global Professional Services team comprises groups of highly intelligent and innovative Engineers and Project Managers who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on; however, one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion for delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you'll be doing…
- Manage the full life cycle of opportunities from prospect to customer delivery for select, targeted large scale opportunities
- Manage the large scale prospect opportunities and customer projects with a matrixed team to facilitate new business wins and delivery of services
- Work closely with Business Development and Sales to deliver value in the sales process
- Build the foundation and structure of a PMO group within ScienceLogic
- Define the scope of the assigned projects in collaboration with cross-department management
- Create detailed project plans which identify the activities and resources needed to complete each project
- Review the project plans with key stakeholders by the project activities
- Communicate progress reports on the project for both internal and external stakeholders at the executive level
- Support management in developing SOWs and project plans.
- Adhere to ScienceLogic Professional Services best practices.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple engagements/projects.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations.
- Be creative and look for new and innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Participate in departmental projects.
- Be an effective team player willing to assist others when needed and to independently as required.
- Potentially up to 50% travel to prospects, customers, and partners
Qualities you possess…
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with managing the implementation of enterprise-level network management or application performance products
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure, application, and enterprise infrastructure best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Determines the objectives and key metrics upon which the project will be evaluated and tracked for progress
- Ability to execute and monitor the progress of each project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the deal/project
- Ability to develop functional working relationships with key stakeholders to delegate action items and effectively lead project teams
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team on multiple engagements/projects
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize competing project timelines
- Provide leadership and direction for prospects and customers regarding ScienceLogic product suite
- Effective team player/leader
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise-class SaaS infrastructure software
- 3+ years of experience management-related experience
- 3+ year track record of successful project management experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, and Visio
- Experience with PHP and/or Python
- Experience with SQL and/or GraphQL
- Linux scripting experience
- PMP certification desired
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.