What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Cloud Architect/Principal Engineer to lead an IT Transformation for our SL1 AIOPS platform that provides intelligent and automated IT operations, to deploy and scale across the cloud. The ideal candidate will have an established background in designing and building highly scalable software products in the cloud using automation, experience in determining the right technologies, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
This person will work with a small team of talented individuals to provide the long-term architectural roadmap, play a strategic role in guiding and defining the use of cutting-edge technologies, and be a driving force for speed and efficiency within our Engineering organization so teams can deploy software to the cloud and on-premise customer environments rapidly.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead an IT Transformation of a monolithic product redesign and build to run in a distributed and scalable fashion in the cloud/AWS.
- Simplify deployment and scalability strategy across the cloud.
- Develop prototypes, frameworks, patterns, and standards.
- Create a cloud vision and best practices for AWS.
- Create elegant architecture designs for delivering highly resilient and scalable microservices using Kubernetes.
- Drive accelerated development to the cloud with reusable frameworks.
- Create and own the architecture roadmap and high level vision for deployment and scalability and align it to the product roadmap.
- Champion the use of open-source technology whenever possible and contribute to open-source projects when appropriate
- Manage and execute against plans and delivery commitments.
- Work cohesively with product managers and engineering management
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them on time and within budget
- Implement and report performance metrics to executive management
- Comfortable doing architecture roadshows
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed and innovation in a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of the overall software development organization
- Create a productive and healthy work/life balance. Effectively manage stress, foster a flexible work environment, and keep the team focused, engaged, productive, and fulfilled.
Qualities you possess…
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and 10+ years of software architecture design, building and scaling high performance applications.
- Extensive experience deploying scalable software in the Public Cloud (AWS)
- Deep experience with Kafka and Kubernetes (or Amazon MSK and EKS)
- Experience with other cutting-edge technologies like noSQL (Scylla), message bus frameworks, container and container orchestration, modern UI frameworks, Authentication and Authorization
- Experience with Graph QL, Node JS, React is desirable.
- Proven ability to define and implement architectural best practices, tools and frameworks selection
- Experience with a variety of software development processes, and ability to apply the right process for the project.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available operations environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate team members. Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Background and in-depth knowledge of network, cloud and application monitoring/management tools is also a big plus.
- Familiarity with software packaging (Linux RPM’s and Linux RPM Spec Files) is a plus.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- CKA certification is a plus.
- Security experience is a plus.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.