What we're looking for...
ScienceLogic is looking for a System Administrator to work with the field sale team to maintain, upgrade, monitor the software, hardware and network that supports the infrastructure used by the ScienceLogic sales engineers to perform demonstrations and proof of value testing.
What you'll be doing...
Each day is going to bring new and exciting challenges your way; you will be working with a worldwide sales engineering team helping to maintain the tools they are using to sell ScienceLogic’s software solutions.
- Provisioning, maintaining and monitoring demo ScienceLogic systems running in AWS and VMware
- Provisioning, maintaining and monitoring ScienceLogic test system running in AWS supporting sales Proof of Values
- Provisioning, maintaining and monitoring hypervisors, compute, storage and network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Assist Sales Engineers with Proof of Values systems and possibly working directly with end users
Qualities you possess...
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5 years experience in creating and maintaining sales demo systems, or other systems administration responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Ability to create scripts in Python
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, VMware vCenter, Azure.
- Experience with L2/L3 networking solutions
- Experience with REST APIs, TCP/IP, SNMP, XML, ODBC, Syslog, SSH, ITIL
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.