What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a proven Account Executive with 3-5 years of outside/inside direct software sales experience in data center technologies such as ITOM, ITSM, NPM/APM or storage to join our Federal sales team. You’ll have a hunter mentality, and be comfortable cold calling into various civilian agencies as you work directly with some of the technology industry’s most innovative people and lead the effort to bring solutions to those who are driving change in Federal Civilian Agencies.
What you’ll be doing…
- Use outstanding communication skills combined with industry and company knowledge to identify sales opportunities in various civilian agencies and articulate ScienceLogic’s vision and strategy, while showing its business value and impact to customers.
- Directly engage Federal thought leaders as they drive IT Modernization.
- Develop and communicate your account plan(s).
- Coordinate execution of proofs of concepts, partner enablement plans and proposed deliverables.
- Set and manage appropriate customer and partner expectations regarding the proposed solution from presale, sale and through to post-delivery.
- Using Meddic, our structured sales methodology, you will develop a sales opportunity pipeline and drive revenues equal to or beyond your assigned quota.
- Identify potential clients and engage them through cold calling, social networking face to face engagement, telemarketing, and other business forums.
- Build and maintain close relationship with key decision makers, technology thought leaders and business/mission stake holders, to understand needs and priorities of the organization.
- Know your key stakeholders’ goals and motives and help them succeed.
- Understand market trends and interpret data relevant to our initiatives.
- Develop and identify competitive strategies and sales plays that create opportunity for ScienceLogic and the partners.
- Engage with all levels of the organization and within cross-functional teams to manage deal pipeline and close business.
Qualities you possess…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an IT, business or related field and 7-10 years of direct software sales experience in ITOM or related field.
- Successful A+ track record of hunter sales experience, identifying business opportunities through creative and resourceful methods. Existing relationships with government decision makers and thought leaders.
- Strong business acumen in order to demonstrate and explain how ScienceLogic solutions can meet the business goals of prospective customers.
- Proven ability to close large enterprise software deals in the federal government.
- Previous experience selling data center technologies SaaS solutions such as ITOM, ITSM, NPM/APM or storage to the federal government.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers, sales personnel, customer service, as well as a good understanding of the industry.
- Extensive experience managing execution of the sales plan revenue targets, forecast accuracy, responsible use of company resources and sales activity.
- Ability to drive, track and close sales opportunities within your assigned territory.
- Exhibit high level of ethical standards in all business activities.
- Experience with Meddic or other structured sales methodology.
- Experience using SalesForce.
- Demonstrated consistent track record of quota achievement and overachievement.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.