What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious software engineer who possesses a strong understanding of software engineering process and methodologies as well as object-oriented design and programming experience. You will work as a software development engineer within a project team responsible for the design and development of ScienceLogic’s AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1 – in this case you will focus on complex multi-process Python development delivering new features and product capabilities. Ideal candidates will be able to take a lead role in reviewing/accepting requirements, building new data collection, manipulation and storage functionality and/or features that us this data to make the hybrid cloud manageable from a single pane of glass.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Build and maintain highly scalable Python processes for the purpose of ETL, building machine learning models, coding algorithms
- Review and maintain product backlog and take a lead role in implementing features adhering to sound Engineering principles.
- Take an active role in owning, understanding and prioritizing technical debt
- Review and correct and/or delegate resolution of defects
- Work in a collaborative, agile and a fun environment and drive the teams towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism.
- Participate in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming
Qualities you possess…
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline. Have equivalent real world experience? Tell us about it.
- 2+ years software development experience in two or more of: Python, Perl, PHP, C, etc.
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning algorithms or frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras, Theano, Torch, etc.
- 1+ years implementing queues using frameworks like RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, nanomsg, WebsphereMQ, Kafka etc.
- 2+ years of MySQL, including exposure to views, stored functions, and stored procedures.
- Experience with NoSQL is a huge plus
- Experience developing multi-threaded or multi-process software
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration is a huge plus
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly desirable.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.