What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) in Reston, VA to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for outbound prospecting and supporting our federal field sales teams. The candidate will develop new business opportunities inside U.S. Government Agencies via metric driven prospecting efforts and opportunity qualification.
Prior experience with lead generation, inside sales, social media and the Federal IT space will be a spring-board for success in this role. Candidates must have strong business development and communication skills combined with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure.
Who we are…
Our business development team is made of up high energy and self-motivated individuals who are striving to identify and engage high potential prospects in the Federal Government seeking solutions to their IT Operations Management challenges. Our SL1 product is the industry’s first context infused automation engine for AIOps. We deliver cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring and having fun while doing it.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll work directly with US Federal Government Agencies to help them get the most out of their infrastructure through our hybrid cloud network monitoring solutions.
- Develop and aggressively identify sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, emailing & relationship development with the prospects
- Learn, understand and effectively communicate ScienceLogic value propositions
- Demonstrate superior tenacity and objection handling skills while on the phone and email with prospects
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospects and partners in the Federal government IT Operations groups
- Detailed and consistent use of Salesforce.com with emphasis on lead process and development
Qualities you possess…
The ideal candidate will have a high desire and/or experience selling to Civilian or DOD and cabinet level agencies and maintain an understanding and knowledge of their organizational infrastructure.
- BS/BA in Business or related field
- 1-3 years of business development or inside sales experience in the software industry ideally targeting Federal Government Agencies
- Effective time management, ability to reach decision-makers and qualify sales opportunities
- Demonstrable record of business development/cold calling success against quota
- Ability to call into different agencies
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Jigsaw, Hoover’s, and other sales enablement tools
- Familiarity with GovWin is a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.