Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a talented facilities engineer to lead the design and build of a new R&D site in Northern California. The ideal candidate will be an eager proponent of modern BIM tools and technologies, ready to innovate on the design and construction processes themselves in addition to ensuring the delivery of the company’s essential infrastructure on appropriate timelines and budgets.
Raw horsepower and a strong innate curiosity drive are more important than years of experience, but the successful candidate will have a portfolio of recent projects to point to as evidence of exceptional ability. As a very early member of the Science facilities team, you must be comfortable working across all aspects of the design-build process and be able to effectively coordinate a range of external and internal resources to shepherd the overall project through to success.
- Work with the rest of the company to understand their facilities needs and design simple, cost effective solutions to meet them on aggressive timelines.
- Identify and manage outside engineering firms as required to augment our in-house team.
- Proactively keep on top of the growth of the company and our evolving needs to ensure that our scientific program is not limited by facilities.
- Professional Engineer license valid in California.
- Experience with BIM using Revit.
- A visible track record of success in complex building design.
- An ability to figure out creative solutions that stretch every dollar as far as possible while also achieving rapid results.
- Experience with technical clean room, laboratory, or vivarium spaces, including their unique HVAC, materials and plumbing requirements.
- An interest in creative non-traditional design and construction techniques and a willingness to take risks to innovate.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.