Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for synthetic biologists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. Ideal candidates will have experience in genome editing technologies, transcriptomics, and/or synthetic gene circuits.
- Apply expertise in synthetic biology to perform genome engineering on our cell lines
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to perform and analyze sequencing experiments to guide cell engineering research
- Work to engineer genetically-encoded safety features for transplanted cells
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with synthetic biology in mammalian cells including genome engineering, sequencing, and/or gene circuits
- A track record of excellence in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- Expertise in genetic manipulation of mammalian cells including viral transduction and CRISPR based gene editing
- Expertise with modern DNA toolbox (cloning, quantitative PCR, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, thrives working collaboratively
- Things that don’t seem impossible at face value are boring
- At least basic programming and command line fluency
- Expertise in modern flow cytometry techniques
- Experience with performing and/or analyzing single-cell sequencing experiments
- Experience with viral gene transduction techniques
- Experience with bioorthogonal small molecule systems
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.