Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
Science is looking for research scientists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. As a very early-stage company, this role is a good fit for candidates who want to become a technical leader and grow with the company. Ideal candidates will have expertise in at least one of the following areas: multiphoton optical systems, micro-LEDs, silicon nanophotonics, machine vision or couplers for planar waveguides.
- Apply expertise to develop and maintain custom optical tools for experimentation and fabrication
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to design and test embedded optical systems
- A track record of excellence in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with either non-linear optics, micro LEDs, silicon photonics, computer vision or couplers for planar waveguides
- Proficiency in Zemax or other optical design software
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with rapid prototypes and design iterations.
- Previous success is not an aberration, but is a total internal reflection of your ability to laser focus and to align to problems without scattering or falling into a coma.
- Excellent communication skills, thrives working collaboratively, and exalts in tackling difficult technical challenges
- Experience building something that has worked in the real world
- Experience working with computer vision
- Experience with human vision
- Strong understanding of both geometric and physical optics
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.