Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for research scientists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. Ideal candidates will have expertise in high-content imaging, synapse biology, electrophysiology, and/or functional imaging.
- Apply expertise in imaging and electrophysiology to develop functional assays to allow screening of cells with desired synaptic phenotypes
- Collaborate to develop in vitro and/or in vivo approaches to understand how transplanted cells integrate into neural circuits
- Collaborate with a world class multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to design and refine custom neural circuits
- A track record of excellence in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with modern fluorescence microscopy techniques
- Expertise in synaptic biology, electrophysiology, and functional imaging approaches
- A strong grasp of quantitative biology
- Deep experience in data analysis and statistics
- Excellent communication skills, thrives working collaboratively and exalts in tackling difficult technical challenges
- Experience performing high throughput screens
- Expertise in quantitative image analysis and/or modern ML computer vision approaches
- Favorite part of academia was actually doing awesome experiments
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.