Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for research scientists enthusiastic about developing new therapeutics on the interface of cell biology and medical devices. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. Ideal candidates will have experience working with large animals, expertise in neurophysiology and/or in vivo imaging, and modern neural decoding methods.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to develop encoding and decoding models for a novel high-bandwidth retinal interface
- Help design and perform in vivo neurophysiology or imaging experiments
- Contribute to performing and analyzing large animal behavioral studies
- A track record of excellence in your field as demonstrated by publications, patents, success with commercialization or translation, or other notable achievements
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with modern neural decoding techniques
- Experience with electrophysiology and/or functional imaging techniques
- A strong grasp of quantitative methods, deep experience in data analysis, statistics, and machine learning
- Excellent communication skills, thrives working collaboratively and exalts in tackling difficult technical challenges
- Experience working in the visual system
- Experience working with brain-computer interfaces
For individuals hired to work in California, Science is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. We determine your level based on your interview performance and make an offer based on geo-located salary bands. The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$160,000 annually + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please keep in mind that the equity portion of the offer is not included in these numbers.
At Science, our benefits are in place to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible vacation and company-paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Science
- Flexible Spending Account
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.