Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a Microfabrication Engineer focused on the development of our active microelectronic devices. Your main focus will be the design and fabrication of active devices such as biocompatible thin-film transistors, microLEDs or biosensors. As a company, we are taking a variety of approaches to tackle problems which means that you will be expected to design and develop a number of different ways to attack problems, looking for solutions both electrical and optical. This is a hands-on position where you will need to layout devices and own their fabrication, either directly or together with partners. Our goal is to move quickly, but ultimately once we have determined the right solution we will aim to scale our work and help as many people as possible.
- Design of active components for bio-interfacing (electrical stimulators and sensors; low power optical emitters and photodetectors)
- Simulation, fabrication and testing of designs
- Working with partners and contractors where necessary
- 4+ years designing and fabricating devices
- Experience working on III-V or III-N devices
- CMOS design experience
- Strong device physics, design, fab and characterization knowledge
- Strong interest in building the devices you design
- Excellent analytical skills
- MS in physics, EE, or similar discipline
- Experience working with GaN
- Experience building HEMT devices
- Experience building optoelectronic devices and silicon photonics
- Experience working with biological systems
- PhD in physics, EE, or similar discipline
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.