Our mission is to empower Samsung’s users to more easily monitor and manage their own and their loved one’s health through advanced health service and medical device innovation. We specialize in developing Samsung’s upcoming software-based medical devices and health services, including product definition and strategy, partner integrations, UI/UX design, usability research, clinical validation, regulatory submissions, and software development/lifecycle. Millions of Samsung users’ lives around the world have been touched by our products, including the Samsung HeartWise cardiac rehabilitation App and the Samsung ECG Monitor App. Join us!
Samsung Research America is seeking a passionate and collaborative System Architect to join our Health team in Mountain View, CA.
As a System Architect, you will be working closely with an experienced, collaborate and entrepreneurial team that strives to offer superior digital health products on wearable and mobile devices, backed by world-class research, technical, and manufacturing capabilities. As a cross-disciplinary health-focused product development team consisting of research, technology, design, strategy and product functions, you have the opportunity contributing to define the next generation of mobile and wearable health product and service experiences. You will be responsible for architecting, designing and building the best server cloud platform to meet the requirements of high performance, low cost and east to operate. You will also participate in designing mobile and wearable application solutions. You will take the very best concepts through various stages of production coding, to prove feasibility of a concept and to complete end-to-end functional software services. You will also be expected to help prove concept feasibility and provide input into the architecture of the services we are building. If you love working directly on consumer-facing products and shipping what you design and build, we’d love to meet you!
Learn more by clicking here:
We are looking for a self-motivated Cloud System Architect and technology expert with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the design and architect a scalable cloud service platform supporting various health products.
- Guide performance optimization, cost control, modular implementation etc., and make sure the system is competitive in cost, performance, and reliability.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (design, research, product, QA) to define, design and develop new products from concept to mass production.
- Identify and champion development of differentiated new technologies and contribute to the product & technology roadmap.
- Master’ degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 10+ years' experience in Software Development and System Architect roles
- Proven experience in Software Development & Architecture in the field of multitenancy, microservice, multithreading and scalable database
- Proven experience with event-driven architecture in a Microservices environment is a must
- Strong knowledge and experience implementing REST APIs and highly scalable systems
- Experience in building real distributed big data production systems using Java/Kubernetes/Docker
- Hands-on experience in AWS
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in multiple programming languages: Java/Scala/Python
- Good communication/presentation skill and teamwork spirit
- Experience in any one or more of the following technologies:
- Hadoop, HDFS/Hbase/Phoenix
- Spark/Kafka, Restful APIs
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.