Samsung – the world’s number one TV and smartphone manufacturer – is committed to deliver the best possible sound to our customers in new and exciting ways. To that end, we have built a world-class audio lab in Valencia, California, where the world’s leading audio engineers and researchers design groundbreaking technologies and products. If you are an engineer or scientist with a love for music and movies, we want to hear from you.
Seeking an individual passionate about music and audio and possessing Audio DSP experience. Must be a team player and be capable of balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment. Knowledge of MATLAB, C/C++, ARM and embedded systems are a must
- Develop new DSP technologies to improve the sound quality of a wide variety of products.
- Inventing new techniques (typically written in MATLAB) and translating them into working code (typically C/C++) on development and/or production hardware
- Technology invention, code development, testing and debugging
- Preparing documentation, reports, and presentations related to the technology and code
- Working with research and product development teams in the US and Korea
- Managing internal or external contractors on larger projects
- BS /MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of code development experience. Inventing new techniques and transitioning code used in proof-of-concept prototypes onto mass production hardware using floating- and fixed-point DSPs
- Experience with C/C++, ARM, embedded systems
- Good understanding of digital audio signal processing, machine learning, sampling rate conversion, adaptive filtering, echo cancellation, Wi-Fi for audio, linear and nonlinear control…
- Strong documentation skills. Must be able to analyze test results and report to management
- Must be able to manage and direct engineers and technicians
- A musician and/or passionate about music and movies would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create clear documentation even for the most detailed design concepts
- An attention to detail. Always thinking: “How can I make this better?”
- A great team player that can both mentor and support others
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.