Samsara is looking for an execution driven Facilities Manager to support the rapidly growing Atlanta office. This role will provide leadership for a growing team of facilities and office employees who create an office environment to inspire creativity and drive productivity for the business. With a strong focus on proactive planning, you will partner with growth initiatives, department leaders, and vendors to ensure construction and facilities operations are efficient and of the highest caliber. You will need to demonstrate core organization, data visualization, and management skills to perform all aspects of the role.
You should have previous experience working with architects and general contractors during tenant improvements/build outs, strong leadership skills and experience in successful operations for a large, fast growing region.
You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to support the fast-paced growth of teams who are working on cutting edge innovation. This role will provide a pivotal role in facility service operations throughout the region including new office builds and expansions, security, safety, and implementation of new processes and procedures.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This is a full time position at our office in Midtown Atlanta and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Real Estate and Facilities, based in San Francisco.
- Facilities Operations
- Manage facilities operations including janitorial, HVAC, furniture, preventative maintenance and operations for 80,000+ sq ft eastern headquarters
- Manage the Atlanta-based Workplace Team to identify, prioritize and effectively delegate facilities issues as needed.
- Manages relationship with Property Management for building operations and maintenance
- Ensure security systems and policies are up to par and communicate workplace safety to employees
- Drive strategy and direction for site operations consistent with global program guidelines and vision; think globally, execute locally. Find clever solutions to facilities and operational challenges.
- Develop and manage budgets using skills in contract management and negotiation.
- Work with Design and Construction team to determine improvements and create better long term practices. Develop and manage budgets using skills in contract management and negotiation.
- Team Development
- Manage and develop a team, currently 2 FTEs, to provide world-class service
- Responsible for overseeing facilities projects for all existing and future Samsara office in Atlanta
- Design & Construction
- Coordinate all aspects of the project, including the design, permitting, budget, schedule, operational needs, and communication between multiple external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Assures capital projects, operations projects and reconfigurations are managed by facilities teams with outstanding customer service
- Customer Service
- Partner with procurement on opportunities to RFP and/or negotiate service contracts
- Work with other departments, including corporate legal counsel, finance, accounting, and People Operations to manage contracts and day to day operations where applicable
- Establishes trust and maintain open, positive relationships with team and customers
- Collaborate with global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
- Bachelor's Degree
- Successfully lead a team in facilities, tenant improvement projects, workplace or real estate.
- Customer-service orientation with a goal of creating a great employee experience and driving staff productivity
- Management and operation experience including budgeting, planning, timeline management, implementation and all elements of execution.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Broad understanding of various workplace maintenance functions and able to communicate building issues of various types
- 8 years of relevant work experience within major metropolitan areas preferred.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.