Are you looking to help lead one of the fastest growing startups in history? Samsara is an Internet of Things company valued at over $3B and growing at over 250% annually. We are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial person to help drive our fast-growing mid-market and enterprise businesses.
Working closely with a senior management team that previously built and exited a ~1B company, you'll drive cross-functional programs and lead new company initiatives such as addressing new market segments, developing new sales acceleration programs, and leading planning and analysis activities to help steer the company's exponential growth. This role provides broad exposure across functions and critical strategic initiatives, serving as an excellent entry point to Samsara with multiple progression paths and development opportunities. You will work to enable the sales team to sell, drive customer acquisition initiatives, and build on-the ground resources required for your team to be successful. You will work with and leverage all corporate functions to deliver sales performance in your markets. This role requires excellent data and analytical skills, entrepreneurialism, and leadership. Final title will be based on applicant's experience level.
As this is a multi-faceted role, we are seeking a highly versatile and well-rounded leader who can create and drive strategy as well as roll up their sleeves to clear obstacles and build pieces of the business themselves. We are looking for candidates with excellent analytical skills, strong writing and presentation skills, and a passion for working in customer-facing roles. A track record of ownership and impact are a must, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus.
- Along with the Director of Business Operations, own the P&L for mid-market and enterprise segments, working across teams and functional areas to ensure that the business hits short- and long-term goals
- Work directly with the sales team to understand market needs and lead efforts to find product / market fit and sales motion / market fit
- Support the sales team by providing functional support required to drive priority customer relationships and win individual deals
- Conceive of, and execute on, ideas to drive step-changes in business performance
- Identify and mitigate obstacles to growth (markets, products, teams, operations, etc.)
- Measure and analyze business performance across functional areas (sales funnel metrics, lead generation, support, customer satisfaction)
- Coordinate inbound efforts - define market needs and partner with the Growth function to execute inbound lead generation activities
- Define marketing needs and execute marketing efforts in partnership with marketing function
- Leverage data to understand our customers and our funnel in depth, identify areas of opportunity and execute projects to drive customer growth, retention, engagement, and/or revenue
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work across large, cross-functional groups and lead through influence
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for data
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Creative, with demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams; familiar with sales funnels, conversion metrics, etc.
- B.S. or higher; MBA
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.