About the Job
Samsara is looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our team! In this role, you will help build the HR Operations foundation that allows Samsara to scale globally. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to build a strong foundation in HR fundamentals.
In just three years’ time, Samsara’s grown to 600 employees and looking to add our next 1000. With so much growth over a short period of time, optimizing our new hire process is essential. This is where you come in - you will ensure that our people data is clean and our processes scale with the growth of the company.
This is a full time position at our office in the Mission district of San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits. Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
You believe that you can tackle anything that comes your way. You’re organized and quickly notice when a process hasn’t been set up perfectly and efficiently. You can't wait to learn the inner workings of a fast-growing tech company. You're willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You're excited to join a team where you can make a huge impact. You thrive in fun, friendly, fast-paced environments.You have a passion for all things People Ops / HR and are looking for a role with lots of exposure and growth opportunity.
- Employee Changes: Own backend support for employee changes in compensation and reporting structure
- Employee Support: Provide timely and accurate information regarding Human Resources processes, personnel policies, and procedures
- People Data: New hires, employee status changes, and terminations in various systems (ADP, BambooHR, etc). Maintains utmost confidentiality in all matters pertaining to employee records and investigations
- Data Integrity: Conduct regular audits of people data
- HR Process: Complete, verify, and submit I-9 forms. Processes employee promotions, pay increases, and transfers in ADP and BambooHR; creates and distributes all promotion and other miscellaneous letters to employees. Performs background checks and employment verification requests.
- Special Projects: Assist other People Operations staff with special projects on an as needed basis.
- 1+ years experience in HR; preferably in fast-growing, global companies
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”