Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Account Manager (AM) with a passion for bringing products to the market that truly make a positive impact in the world? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers with interesting technical challenges? Does the chance to win new customers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space excite you? Yes? This could be your next big move!
RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
RTI is looking for an experienced Account Manager to drive sales of our Connext DDS software and services to existing and new customers within Canada. Our ideal candidate would be based in Ontario.
As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your knowledge and experience in the market, excellent technical sales and support track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing industry.
- Presents and sells RTI software and engineering services to current and potential customers
- Seeks new business proactively
- Consults with customers onsite to understand their technical problems and challenges
- Works with RTI engineering staff to develop software solutions
- Communicates with decision makers and influencers
- Builds trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers
- Meets sales goals by closing business persistently
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years selling high-end software solutions to engineers
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time within the territory
- Enjoys prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with prospects and current customers
- Likes to work in team-selling environment
- Experience developing new leads, lead follow-up, qualification and targeted account selling in person and by phone
- Track record of meeting sales quota consistently
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the company to increase revenue and customer satisfaction
- BS or higher in engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Industrial Internet of Things preferred
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Experience selling to system integrators and government is a plus
- Secret Clearance a plus
- Experience with service sales is a huge plus
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.