The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes - all markets where security and safety matter. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems. You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
As a Ada software engineer, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. Focussed on our Ada language binding, your work will directly impact RTI customers, e.g., building reliable radar systems and safety critical avionics applications.
Working with the team in Granada, Spain will help continue our success in Europe and beyond. We are fun, energetic and passionate about what we do. Come join us, and develop technology at the core of real-time distributed, mission-critical systems.
Read more about our journey here!
Support, design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products. Some of the tasks that may be part of your day are:
- Enhance the Connext DDS Ada language binding, collaboratively with our customers. Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product.
- Maintain and support the Ada language binding code base, build and documentation system. Investigate, understand, and debug customer issues. Find timely creative solutions to customer problems, including implement bug fixes. Create engineering builds resolving specific bugs and ship maintenance releases.
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
While the Ada language binding is a key part of your responsibility, you will be part of the overall core development team and will work on other languages as well.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
- Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer