The Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Business Development Specialist (BDS) will increase the number of leads and opportunities for the sales force by ensuring we are on all teams for competitive bids where our technology is critical. This will include searching and monitoring US and international defense program databases, A&D news, contract awards, SAM.gov, OTAs and consortia, BAA announcements and other relevant information sources. The BDS will also research and coordinate participation in relevant industry days and OTA member events to gather information and help identify teaming partners. As programs are identified, the BDS will work with the Inside AE or relevant Account teams to submit RFIs, white papers, or RFP responses, or help identify suppliers to team with on competitive solicitations.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Search and monitor defense program databases, A&D news, contract awards and other relevant information sources to identify target programs for RTI engagement.
- Identify, research and coordinate the response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Sources Sought notices issued by the Federal Government using a variety of opportunity portals such as SAM.gov, GovWin, OTAs, BAA announcements and others.
- Research and identify potential teaming partners and work with Sales and Market Development to develop relationships and partnerships in pursuit of potential opportunities.
- Research and coordinate participation in industry days, appropriate OTAs and other associations.
- Collaborate with Sales and Market Development for pursuit of opportunities within the Aerospace and Defense market.
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard processes and tools.
Required Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years of Business Development experience
- BA/BS in Business, engineering, or any other related field.
- Government contracting experience required.
- Experience with current industry trends and the competitive environment.
- Experience using SAM, GovWin, and other research platforms.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing solicitations for bidding decisions.
- Experience with supporting proposal reviews and writing.
- Experience with capturing and monitoring potential bidding opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills including written and interpersonal.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to achieve specific goals and objectives and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Security Clearance is nice to have but not required
- Please note pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.