As a Senior Software Engineer in our Platforms team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. As part of our distributed RTI Platform Team, your role is critical in enabling and maintaining our products to support various platforms and systems.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
As part of a distributed platforms team,
- You will set up and maintain the configuration of the toolchains and embedded systems that are used to support new ports, production software release and patches. In our Sunnyvale embedded systems lab, we support over 80 different architectures consisting of a large variety of embedded systems, Real-Time Operating Systems, mobile architectures, and also common enterprise operating systems. Practically, this involves some system administration, as well as creation and configuration of RTOS kernels and development environments.
- You are responsible to ensure that the RTI Connext Micro/Cert software is available and optimized to run on a large set of platforms. The RTI Connext Micro/Cert platform consists of libraries supporting C and C++, applications and a set of development tools. In some cases, this responsibility is about integrating the new platform into our build system, validating and automating the build and tests for the new platform. In other cases, this involves porting and implementing the RTI OS abstraction layer to the target RTOS. You benchmark and tune our real-time middleware for optimal performance on the target platform. Customers love our large platform offering, including code generator for platform specific code and build file, examples and documentation. When porting our Cert product, you follow standard functional safety development processes.
- You are part of the team of platform experts in RTI. You support the larger RTI development and support team and field engineering team with platform specific expertise. You help debug platform specific issues. You support the benchmarking team winning key customer deals. You will work closely with the platform and RTOS vendors to resolve issues related to porting our products on the RTOS.
- You will assist customers with the porting process and assist with technical questions. The RTI Connext Micro platform allows customers to port the product to their own platforms. As an expert in porting our product, you will have a role in supporting these customers.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experienced programmer with 3-6 years of experience in the following areas:
- Excellent in the C programming language. Knowledge of C++.
- Experience in scripting languages, build infrastructure, and hardware setup is a plus.
- Passion for operating systems internals and embedded systems. We’re looking for somebody who wants to learn a wide variety of operating systems.
- Experience with automotive or avionics platforms and tools, such as AUTOSAR, ARINC, QNX, Elektrobit, etc is a plus.
- Experience with ISO 26262 processes is a plus.
- Is results oriented and can work independently in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.