As a Build and Release Engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. Working hand in hand with the product development team, you will be part of a growing QA and Release team responsible for creating and running automated and manual test cases validating proper functionality.
The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants in North America, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Ship it! Build, bundle and release our family of RTI Connext products: middleware libraries, applications and tools. We ship software for a variety of operating systems, supporting several languages and using different technologies. Don’t worry if this sounds daunting. This is a great opportunity to learn new things and challenge yourself. We encourage you to continuously learn, and evolve.
- Improve it! Measure and improve the efficiency of our builds and releases. This role is not a “press-a-button” job. This job will allow you to evolve, and design the build and release system.
- Evolve and fix it! Work with the development engineers to resolve failed builds or tests. Implement new Jenkins plans, and evolve the build system. We’re an easy going group and don’t like walls between the various teams. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with the development engineers.
- You care about high quality software releases. You love build and release. You are passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in build and release management.
- We are looking for somebody with experience building and releasing software; 3+ years industry experience with
- Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Cmake/gradle/ant/Maven; Shell and perl scripting
- Building C/C++, Java and .Net applications
- Revision control systems - working knowledge of git a must.
- Building and testing on a variety of architectures, including Windows, Unix and RTOS.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo).
- You are results oriented, proactive and can work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Our team is distributed - You can be successful working with development teams in multiple locations. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.