Since its inception in 2014, Roivant Sciences has sought to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We’ve employed a unique, decentralized model of nimble, focused companies (‘Vants’) focused on various therapeutic areas and built around the pursuit of innovation in drug development and technology.
Our model is different. Five new medicines have been approved off the Roivant platform; we’ve built five biotechs that have become public; we’ve created well over $1b in value in Roivant Health in just four and a half years. Our successes have ranged from computational drug discovery to tokenized healthcare data exchange, and from novel topicals for dermatological conditions to ultrarare tissue therapies.
Roivant Health is Roivant’s platform for the creation of new technology Vants, focused on delivering improvements to human health outside of our traditional biotech platform. In 4.5 years since inception, we’ve created three enduring companies and over $1B in enterprise value, including the leading deidentified healthcare data exchange platform (Datavant) and a top-tier computational drug discovery company (VantAI) which has partnered with SK Holdings, Johnson & Johnson, and Boehringer Ingelheim. Our goal is to improve human health by rapidly discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines and technologies to all patients. Our success is predicated on attracting and retaining top talent, generating new ideas and promoting an open and collaborative culture.
We embrace diversity across all dimensions and levels of the organization and we strive to ensure every employee is supported in reaching their full potential. We hire motivated people with diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and skillsets. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where all employees feel valued, respected and empowered to create value for patients.
Roivant is looking to hire an Associate focused on the creation of new healthcare technology Vants through incubation and M&A, who will be a core team member helping to build one or more categories of potential opportunities across our core thesis areas. The Associate will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the company creation process from new thesis generation to zero-to-one execution to opportunistic M&A.
We are deep believers in rapidly advancing the careers of our top performers. Our general philosophy does not require rigid job descriptions—we can flexibly adjust the portfolio to include a mix of incubation and M&A opportunities for the right candidate. Ideal fits with the Roivant culture show high ambition, comfort with ambiguity, and entrepreneurial drive. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating meaningful outcomes for patients through generational businesses and understand that careful embrace of risk is a prerequisite to achieving those outcomes.
Core incubation responsibilities:
- Participating in early-stage ideation by mapping ideas to a variety of qualifying factors, including time to market, sources of Roivant advantage, validation path, market size, etc.
- Developing and driving workplans for evaluating early-stage concepts, and leading evaluation of markets, competitors, and other key factors with quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Supporting the initial stages of company building, including early business development, zero-to-one product development, business operations, and fundraising
- Developing the recruiting workplan and profile archetypes to help execute the recruitment of the CEO and other key leaders
- Supporting incubated opportunities by working directly with their leadership team on critical analyses at key inflection points of the business (e.g., fundraising)
Opportunistic M&A responsibilities:
- Driving structured market mapping processes to identify potential partners and conducting outreach to all relevant partners
- Market analysis and competitive benchmarking to understand at a deep level underlying product and distribution challenges in the space
- Leading evaluation and due diligence workstreams to validate late-stage opportunities to the Roivant leadership team
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Outstanding educational background
- Desire to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment—you will have full ownership and high-accountability for your own ideas and work
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort with significant ambiguity—you build expertise in many challenging but high-opportunity spaces across healthcare technology
- Ability to wear multiple hats and execute at a high-velocity—you will be able to participate in all aspects of company building
- Executive-level communication and analytical skills—you will be collaborating with executives, investors, and key partners frequently
- Specialized knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Healthcare technology
- Medicine and/or life sciences
- Data science, advanced statistical techniques (ML, etc.), or related product experience
- Experience building new ventures, whether in an incubation / investor setting, at a startup, or within larger organization
Base salary for this role will be determined during the interview process and will vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to prior experience, relevant expertise, current business needs, and market conditions. The expected base salary for the role will generally be between $115,000 to $150,000 per year at the commencement of employment, but the final salary offered may be outside this range based on individual circumstances and business and market conditions.
Base salary if hired is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include other components such as discretionary bonuses, equity, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and Roivant reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance and business and market conditions.
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We will not accept unsolicited resumes nor outreach from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or Roivant Sciences and affiliated employees. Thanks!