Since its inception in 2014, Roivant Sciences has sought to improve health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We’ve employed a unique, decentralized model of nimble, focused companies (‘Vants’) focused on various therapeutic areas and built around the pursuit of innovation in drug development and technology.
Our model is different. Five new medicines have been approved off the Roivant platform; we’ve built five biotechs that have become public; we’ve created well over $1b in value in Roivant Health in just four and a half years. Our successes have ranged from computational drug discovery to tokenized healthcare data exchange, and from novel topicals for dermatological conditions to ultrarare tissue therapies.
Roivant Health is Roivant’s platform for the creation of new technology Vants, focused on delivering improvements to human health outside of our traditional biotech platform. In 4.5 years since inception, we’ve created three enduring companies and over $1B in enterprise value, including the leading deidentified healthcare data exchange platform (Datavant) and a top-tier computational drug discovery company (VantAI) which has partnered with SK Holdings, Johnson & Johnson, and Boehringer Ingelheim. Our goal is to improve human health by rapidly discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines and technologies to all patients. Our success is predicated on attracting and retaining top talent, generating new ideas and promoting an open and collaborative culture.
We embrace diversity across all dimensions and levels of the organization and we strive to ensure every employee is supported in reaching their full potential. We hire motivated people with diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and skillsets. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where all employees feel valued, respected and empowered to create value for patients.
Roivant is looking to hire a Principal who will focus on incubating new healthcare technology Vants, and will be responsible for end-to-end leadership of one or more categories of potential incubation opportunities. S/he will also drive M&A, responsible for end-to-end leadership of one or more categories of potential M&A opportunities.
We are deep believers in rapidly advancing the careers of our top performers. We can flexibly adjust the above portfolios to include a mix of incubation and M&A opportunities for the right candidate, or to adjust subject matter to bring us the highest likelihood of success. Our general philosophy does not require rigid job descriptions. Ideal fits with the Roivant culture show both high ambition and comfort with ambiguity, understanding that careful embrace of risk is a prerequisite to achieving meaningful outcomes for patients and investors.
- Participating in team-wide ideation processes and helping to map fitness of ideas to a variety of qualifying factors, including time to market, sources of Roivant advantage, validation path, market size, etc.
- Leading structured evaluation of ideas, developing and executing workplans that de-risk ideation ideas by appropriately ordered and costed evaluation of markets, competitors, product space, and other key factors
- Driving the initial stages of company building, including early business development, alpha development, and verification of demand
- Recruiting the CEO and other key leaders of the incubated company
- Overseeing the success of the incubated opportunities post-CEO through board positions / oversight
- As relevant, leading and supporting the process of externally financing new Vants created by you or others
- Developing theses for those opportunities and leading structured market mapping processes to identify potential partners
- Market analysis and competitive benchmarking to understand at a deep level the underlying product and distribution challenges
- Structuring phased outreach and due diligence processes to generate validated opportunities to present to the Roivant leadership team
- Leading the sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, and closing those opportunities for Roivant and/or existing Roivant Health subsidiaries.
- Overseeing the success of the M&A opportunities post-close through board positions / oversight
- As relevant, leading and supporting the process of externally financing new or existing Vants created (or augmented) through these M&A opportunities
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Outstanding educational background
- Desire to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment with substantial opportunity and uncertainty
- Ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced or early-stage environment
- Comfort with responsibility in a high-velocity, high-accountability environment
- Experience in building, as a principal or participant, new ventures or organizations, preferably with a desire to do so in the field of healthcare or related technology, or experience in investing in the same
- Specialized knowledge set in one or more of the following areas:
- Healthcare technology
- Medicine and/or life sciences
- Data science, advanced statistical techniques (ML, etc.), or broader technology
- Finance and corporate transactions
Base salary for this role will be determined during the interview process and will vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to prior experience, relevant expertise, current business needs, and market conditions. The expected base salary for the role will generally be between $130,000 - $220,000 per year at the commencement of employment, but the final salary offered may be outside this range based on individual circumstances and business and market conditions.
Base salary if hired is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include other components such as discretionary bonuses, equity, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and Roivant reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance and business and market conditions.
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.