Kinevant Sciences, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roivant, is focused on developing new therapies for rare auto-immune diseases, initially targeting sarcoidosis with an anti-GM-CSF monoclonal antibody (namilumab). The Company has recently initiated a Ph 2 clinical trial in pulmonary sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is a multi-organ autoimmune disease with poor treatment options that affects up to 200,000 people in the U.S. The long-term vision for Kinevant is to successfully develop and commercialize namilumab for sarcoidosis and potentially other inflammatory orphan diseases, as well as in-license other promising drug candidates for orphan autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Roivant’s mission is to systematically reduce the time, cost, and risk of delivering new medicines to market by accelerating the development of promising drug candidates to improve the lives of patients and their families. Since its inception in 2014 Roivant has achieved the following critical milestones in support of its vision: launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants); 6 FDA approved medicines; 5 successful IPOs; $3B partnership with global pharma; pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas; 8 successful phase 3 readouts since 2019. Roivant attracts, retains, and motivates entrepreneurial company builders that have deep domain expertise with competitive compensation and benefits, including stock option grants in the Vant.
Kinevant is seeking a highly motivated professional to join the organization as an Associate. The Associate will be responsible for supporting strategic, business development and corporate communication activities at Kinevant. The Associate will report directly to the CEO and collaborate with the rest of senior management. This is a versatile role through which the candidate will gain expertise in strategy, operations, business development, and communications. The successful candidate will help source and evaluate new investment opportunities, help develop Kinevant’s pipeline and commercial strategy, and help manage investor relations including future fundraising activities.
- Support the development and execution of the strategic plan for namilumab and other to-be-acquired drug candidates
- Characterize the treatment landscape for pulmonary sarcoidosis and other future indications
- Track new developments in sarcoidosis research; synthesize the findings and determine the implications for namilumab
- Perform competitive intelligence on companies developing treatments for sarcoidosis as well as companies developing anti-GM-CSF candidates for other diseases
- Build a deep knowledge base around GM-CSF pathobiology and how its inhibition can be of useful in treating diseases
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize indication expansion opportunities for namilumab based on MOA, clinical feasibility, and commercial potential
- Clinical trial data and metrics visualization, organization, and dissemination
- Support of patient recruitment and outreach strategies, delivery of innovative ideas
- Input and guidance on social media strategies
- Prepare presentations and other materials for board meetings, earnings calls, potential strategic partner meetings, investors, etc.
- Support the development and execution of Kinevant’s communications strategy, creating press releases, presentations, and videos
- Lead the mapping, outreach, and interactions with potential strategic partners
- Manage incoming investor and business development inquiries about Kinevant
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in related Life Sciences discipline
- 2-4 years relevant experience in banking, consulting, or biopharma
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office suite
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while executing across multiple projects
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and respect for the quality of work
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment and independently in a remote work setting, as necessary
- Strong research capabilities and ability to synthesize those findings
- High ethical standards
Kinevant is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.